Inter has a clear future strategy ?

easypush

Capitano
  Bannato
I'm very confused at the moment. I see some of you being very confident about the future and some others, most of you frankly, being very critical and disappointed.
I don't know, and it's quite strange for me.
Usually I've got an opinion for everything, from politics to gardening.
I can only wait the end of August. And pray..:paura:

Rayk

Titolare
  Bannato
the future strategy is very clear to me: to develope a younger team. Ranocchia, Nagatomo, Obi, Coutinho, Castaignos, Alvarez, Jonathan...

the future strategy is very clear to me: to develope a younger team. Ranocchia, Nagatomo, Obi, Coutinho, Castaignos, Alvarez, Jonathan...

That's the long-term strategy on the sports side, and I'm really happy about the fact that we are trying to get young and promising players.. what I'm worried about is our long-term commercial strategy. Marketing, PR, TV, merchandising... I haven't seen much progress here since Mou left us.

Rayk

Titolare
  Bannato
The difference in administration between Liverpool and Inter is actually huge.

I don't think that Liverpool managers accept the sale of counterfeited merchandise outside their stadium or their training pitch. I don't think that Liverpool managers close their stores during summer in order to open them at winter, if they remember to do it.

They sold Torres they bought Carroll and Suarez. We are selling Sneijder for Kucka and Palacio? Honestly it's not the same thing.

You speak about tradition and winning history. That's true, in Italy we have a winning history and nowadays we have more fans than ever. But in Europe dear, that's another story.... Liverpool is considered one of the best teams in the world not because of it's recent history but because it has always been one of the top clubs around. Inter before the triplete was considered a mediocre club since the last Champions was won 45 years before.

Inter a mediocre club? Never. It was always labelled as a "giant" on the English press, and that comes from the great players that have always been in the team even in trophyless years (Ronaldo, Vieri, Baggio), which by the way are way more for Liverpool than for Inter (they never won the Premier League; their last First Divions was in 1990, their last Champions in 2005, and they are going to play Europa League for the third year in a row.).
If the Carrol and Suarez deals mean something, they mean that the football market has gone totally insane. That's not good managament to overpay a player like the double of the real value as they did with Carroll, which costed 41m €.

Rayk

Titolare
  Bannato
That's the long-term strategy on the sports side, and I'm really happy about the fact that we are trying to get young and promising players.. what I'm worried about is our long-term commercial strategy. Marketing, PR, TV, merchandising... I haven't seen much progress here since Mou left us.

The whole Italian league is years behind the competitors. And the owners of the two biggest rivals, Juventus and Milan, are politically interwined with the media so you'll never have a fair treatment, no matter how much you shout. Even Mourinho couldn't really help with this situation. Get used to it, if Italy doesn't change radically so it won't change the media treatment for Inter.

The merchandising problem has a well-know cause: the market for counterfeited shirts. But what can do a club against it? Nothing, that's a law-enforcement problem.

Alto