Is Lukaku a real bomber?

Drago Nerazzurro

Primavera
  Bannato
A bomber has to be shaven?

Henrik.jpg

For every rule there's an exception!

Certainly one of the best I've ever seen and who doesn't get recognised enough in my opinion.

However, I've never really thought of Lukaku as a bomber. He's a very good centre forward but I've never been convinced he's an out and out striker. That said, I also don't believe it's crucial to have a bomber and in fact I think football is moving further and further away from them all the time. Lukaku is the type of player who can be used in a variety of different ways and adds to the tactical prowess of a team whereas, without wishing to be controversial as a new member, Icardi, a real bomber, limits you in that sense. Lukaku can hold the ball up because of his strength whilst other players push forward, he can cut in from wider positions, he can score and regularly, he gives options in the air because he's tall. Icardi, on the other hand, can only play in one way and everything has to be channeled to him whereas with Lukaku that's a possibility but the ball can also be played through him. Actually, he's not unlike Henrik in that sense. I'm not going to start saying that I think Lukaku is a Messiah figure because I reserve judgement until I see him playing for us but he is the player Conte wanted so it has to be seen as a positive that we've got him. I've also had it in mind for a while, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Conte's Juventus teams didn't actually have a bomber until his third season (Tevez - you can make a case for Quagliarella being a bomber but a top level bomber? I'm not so sure).

I agree with you and give you also a little advise : don't take too seriously all the arguments that you read in this forum.
There's a bit of everything, insanity and jokes included :ghigno
I always thought we needed someone to take care of a section so poor ( as followers ) like the one in english.
I think that you could start creating new threads you would like to deepen with others that speak english, not many I guess.
What do you think @Interfan

A bomber has to be shaven?

Henrik.jpg

For every rule there's an exception!

Certainly one of the best I've ever seen and who doesn't get recognised enough in my opinion.

However, I've never really thought of Lukaku as a bomber. He's a very good centre forward but I've never been convinced he's an out and out striker. That said, I also don't believe it's crucial to have a bomber and in fact I think football is moving further and further away from them all the time. Lukaku is the type of player who can be used in a variety of different ways and adds to the tactical prowess of a team whereas, without wishing to be controversial as a new member, Icardi, a real bomber, limits you in that sense. Lukaku can hold the ball up because of his strength whilst other players push forward, he can cut in from wider positions, he can score and regularly, he gives options in the air because he's tall. Icardi, on the other hand, can only play in one way and everything has to be channeled to him whereas with Lukaku that's a possibility but the ball can also be played through him. Actually, he's not unlike Henrik in that sense. I'm not going to start saying that I think Lukaku is a Messiah figure because I reserve judgement until I see him playing for us but he is the player Conte wanted so it has to be seen as a positive that we've got him. I've also had it in mind for a while, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Conte's Juventus teams didn't actually have a bomber until his third season (Tevez - you can make a case for Quagliarella being a bomber but a top level bomber? I'm not so sure).

Drago Nerazzurro

Primavera
  Bannato
I agree with you and give you also a little advise : don't take too seriously all the arguments that you read in this forum.
There's a bit of everything, insanity and jokes included :ghigno
I always thought we needed someone to take care of a section so poor ( as followers ) like the one in english.
I think that you could start creating new threads you would like to deepen with others that speak english, not many I guess.
What do you think @Interfan

I gathered it was a little tongue in cheek ;). It's a good thing to have humour, it helps, particularly when you support a crazy team (I can't quite remember who it was now but a while ago there was a football commentator here who compared Inter fans with Manchester City fans as both have a PhD in black humour - perhaps a coping mechanism when the highs are so high and the lows can be savage).

I gathered it was a little tongue in cheek ;). It's a good thing to have humour, it helps, particularly when you support a crazy team (I can't quite remember who it was now but a while ago there was a football commentator here who compared Inter fans with Manchester City fans as both have a PhD in black humour - perhaps a coping mechanism when the highs are so highs and the lows can be savage).

As a matter of fact, in this forum, we have something called "IF power".
The IF power is to declare that something is going to happen just to make the opposite happen ?
Just us :ghigno?? :cool:

Drago Nerazzurro

Primavera
  Bannato
As a matter of fact, in this forum, we have something called "IF power".
The IF power is to declare that something is going to happen just to make the opposite happens ?
Just us :ghigno?? :cool:

I need something. My teams (football - Inter; rugby (union) - ASM; rugby (league) - Saint Helens; hurling - Kilkenny) in all sports I like have been on a sore run of late. I keep telling myself something has to change somewhere :wall

Alto