• Benvenuto! Sei atterrato sul forum dell'Inter più frequentato del web. Iscriviti subito per interagire con centinaia di tifosi neroazzurri.
    Ti aspettano giochi a premi e mille altre sorprese.   Clicca qui per registrarti adesso!

Questions for Inter fans

Eiskönig

Pulcino
Questions for Inter fans

Hello. I am Eiskönig, and I'm interested in asking Inter fans some questions about Internazionale Milano and also Italian football in general.

First of all, how popular are Inter exactly? How much support do they have in Italy and what are the regions where Inter has the most fans and the least ones?

Generally speaking, who do Interistas hate the most: Juventus or AC Milan? Also, what other rivals do you have? And do teams other than Juventus and AC Milan have a problem with Inter?

Why do you think Inter seem to be quite inconsistent? From 1990 on Inter's history seems to have been made of highs and lows.

What are the main problems with Italian football nowadays, and what, in your opinion, does it take for Serie A to regain its popularity and the competitivity it once had? A foreigner like me looks at Serie A from the outside, especially at Milan's and Inter's squads and both clubs look unrecognisable.

Are there any "stereotypes" about fanbases of each club? As in, is there a club that's referred to as "the people's club" or one that's referred to as a "bourgeois club"?

I might have some more questions later but that's it for now. I eagerly await for your replies :giusto

zeroundici

Titolare
Hello. I am Eiskönig, and I'm interested in asking Inter fans some questions about Internazionale Milano and also Italian football in general.

First of all, how popular are Inter exactly? How much support do they have in Italy and what are the regions where Inter has the most fans and the least ones?

Generally speaking, who do Interistas hate the most: Juventus or AC Milan? Also, what other rivals do you have? And do teams other than Juventus and AC Milan have a problem with Inter?

Why do you think Inter seem to be quite inconsistent? From 1990 on Inter's history seems to have been made of highs and lows.

What are the main problems with Italian football nowadays, and what, in your opinion, does it take for Serie A to regain its popularity and the competitivity it once had? A foreigner like me looks at Serie A from the outside, especially at Milan's and Inter's squads and both clubs look unrecognisable.

Are there any "stereotypes" about fanbases of each club? As in, is there a club that's referred to as "the people's club" or one that's referred to as a "bourgeois club"?

I might have some more questions later but that's it for now. I eagerly await for your replies :giusto
have a look here: http://www.interfans.org/forum/showthread.php?157568-Vendereste-Mauro-Icardi-Sostituendolo-con-chi-A-voi-i-commenti

-LT-

Utente bannato

First of all, how popular are Inter exactly? I think Inter is very popular, about 10 milions fans in Italy. San Siro is the stadium with more tickets selled not only this season but in the last years
How much support do they have in Italy and what are the regions where Inter has the most fans and the least ones?
I think Lombardia, of course, but all Italy also. I'm from Campania and here there are a lot Inter supporters
Generally speaking, who do Interistas hate the most: Juventus or AC Milan? Also, what other rivals do you have? And do teams other than Juventus and AC Milan have a problem with Inter?I think juve. With Milan is a rivarly, with juve is just pure hate. *

in 90's we won 3 Uefa cup, in 2000's 5 Scudetti and a CL. After 2010 we had bad times, i admit it.
Spain and England has more much money then us. Inter in particulary has much problems with fpf for me. Fpf must be eliminated.
Maybe in the past, not now. One stereotypes is that juventus is a cheating team, and napoli fans play to do victims :sizi:
in blue :sizi

*another rival is Atalanta that is near Milano

Angelus

Redazione Interfans.org
Moderatore

First of all, how popular are Inter exactly? How much support do they have in Italy and what are the regions where Inter has the most fans and the least ones
It's the second team in italy.

Juventus.
Other rivals are Naples and Rome but we hate Fiorentina,Lazio,Atalanta and Sassuolo as well(different reasons).

If you buy football players like Nagatomo,Medel,Murillo,Eder,Felipe Melo....you're screwed up:nonso

New stadiums and new presidents.

See ya:ciao

Eiskönig

Pulcino
So what do you guys think will take for Serie A to be a top 2 league again? It seems Calciopoli has really hurt the league on a long run, but Juventus seem to be on top again despite having been relegated due to Calciopoli. Perhaps building a new stadium helped them out? Also, doesn't Roma also want to build a new stadium?

So you're not too ken on your captain Icardi, I see...

in blue :sizi

*another rival is Atalanta that is near Milano
Thanks for answering every single question of mine. :giusto

i don't understand the meaning of Eiskonig
are you eschimese
?
Oh Eiskönig means "ice king" in German... I just thought it'd be a cool username since I was undecided on picking one. I'm not German, however. I just happen to like the language a lot. ;)

EDIT: Angelus, thanks for your replies as well. Why the hatred for Sassuolo? Something personal between Inter and them?

And tbh, I used to think AC Milan had more fans than Inter. You see, outside of Italy many people tend to view AC Milan as the biggest Italian club instead of Juventus due to them being 7 times European champions.

piotor

Capitano
Moderatore

Hi King of the ice..greetings from your neighbouring country of Suomi :)

Second/Third behind juventus. It's a close race with Milan.

Inter is successful in Lombardia and in the north-west. Juventus has more success around the country though.

in the 90s we were owned by Moratti, the son of the historical greatest president of Inter. He was rich (oil business) and desperate in a passionate way to bring Inter to the top. However, he was very unstable and unable to stick to a decision. He'd buy the best players, but change 10/15 players every summer (for real), also firing coaches (2/3 per year!). Put that together with the well known scandals of juvnetus, and you understand that winning for us was complicated.
What are the main problems with Italian football nowadays, and what, in your opinion, does it take for Serie A to regain its popularity and the competitivity it once had? A foreigner like me looks at Serie A from the outside, especially at Milan's and Inter's squads and both clubs look unrecognisable
In the 90s italian clubs were owned by businessmen looking for popularity (berlusconi) or by people who had to recycle black money somehow. The success of Italian football was based on richness of individuals that were later taken over by scandals (Napoli,Fiorentina, Lazio, Parma, Roma). After their collapse (~2000), Serie A lost all its "base" and became worse and worse every year. Now things are getting better because these "middle teams" are coming back and they are solid, making the italian league more interesting.
Juventus has supporters all around italy, but mainly from the "uneducated" South, so we make fun of them for being a tad stupid :D

Milan instead comes from the working class and since they were taken over by Berlusconi, they got overwhelmed by lies in the media, making them boast their egos. So they're a bit gullible let' say.

Inter fans instead historically (in Milan) come from the upper class and they're kinda snobbis, always complaining.

piotor

Capitano
Moderatore
So what do you guys think will take for Serie A to be a top 2 league again? It seems Calciopoli has really hurt the league on a long run, but Juventus seem to be on top again despite having been relegated due to Calciopoli. Perhaps building a new stadium helped them out? Also, doesn't Roma also want to build a new stadium?
it will take that the chinese owners of Inter and Milan "consolidate", making the Serie A a league where 3/4 teams (Juventus, Inter, Milan and Roma or Napoli) can fight every year for the #1 spot. It will take ~4/5 years, as soon as Inter and Milan get a spot in CL and start skyrocketing their revenue.

Juventus is owned by a very competitive and business oriented family. They "know" how to run the business (also in teh less legal ways ;) ) and it didn't take them long to reorganize the company to start winning again, taking advantage of their huge fan base (more income). The stadium is a minor aspect in this.

Roma is building a new stadium indeed, but their bigger limit is the modest fan base, which heavily limits their revenue.

Geenja

Prima squadra
So what do you guys think will take for Serie A to be a top 2 league again? It seems Calciopoli has really hurt the league on a long run, but Juventus seem to be on top again despite having been relegated due to Calciopoli. Perhaps building a new stadium helped them out? Also, doesn't Roma also want to build a new stadium? .
Of course building a stadium could be a huge benefit for the team, exponentially growing your revenues in the long run.

The main problem here is that at the end what really matters in this sport are the players that go out on the pitch and make the team win.
And we probably have the most incompetent Sportive Director of all time (Piero Ausilio) who since the Champions League win had the job to renew the team and he bought the worst players available on the market.

Eiskönig

Pulcino
Hi King of the ice..greetings from your neighbouring country of Suomi :)

Second/Third behind juventus. It's a close race with Milan.

Inter is successful in Lombardia and in the north-west. Juventus has more success around the country though.
Hi :D, although I must say I'm not anywhere near Finland ;)

Speaking of which.... in the city of Milan are there more Inter or Milan fans? Does anyone know?

in the 90s we were owned by Moratti, the son of the historical greatest president of Inter. He was rich (oil business) and desperate in a passionate way to bring ITaly to the top. However, he was very unstable and unable to stick to a decision. He'd buy the best players, but change 10/15 players every summer (for real), also firing coaches (2/3 per year!). Put that together with the well known scandals of juvnetus, and you understand that winning for us was complicated.

In the 90s italian clubs were owned by businessmen looking for popularity (berlusconi) or by people who had to recycle black money somehow. The success of Italian football was based on richness of individuals that were later taken over by scandals (Napoli,Fiorentina, Lazio, Parma, Roma). After their collapse (~2000), Serie A lost all its "base" and became worse and worse every year. Now things are getting better because these "middle teams" are coming back and they are solid, making the italian league more interesting.
I remember Inter having expensive players such as Ronaldo Fenómeno, Recoba, Killy Gonzalez, Crespo, etc.

Haha lots of non-Italians are surprised when they find out Berlusconi owns(or owned?) AC Milan. I don't want to bring politics into this since that never goes well but let's say that man is kinda seen as a joke in the rest of Europe. Some even called him "the European Trump".

Juventus has supporters all around italy, but mainly from the "uneducated" South, so we make fun of them for being a tad stupid :D

Milan instead comes from the working class and since they were taken over by Berlusconi, they got overwhelmed by lies in the media, making them boast their egos. So they're a bit gullible let' say.

Inter fans instead historically (in Milan) come from the upper class and they're kinda snobbis, always complaining.
I haven't personally met many Italians, but I can't help but notice that many Southerner Italians tend to support Juventus. I guess it's not a coincidence, after all.

I remember Fiorentina's scandal more or less. Their president ran away with the money or something? Lazio and Milan also were involved in Calciopoli and Milan also got relegated one time in the 80s due to some sort of scandal.

Have Inter or Roma ever been caught in a scandal? Italian football seems to historically have several scandals.

Eiskönig

Pulcino
I guess the rivalry between North and South Italy is very strong even in football? I know Napoli absolutely hate Juventus, but I guess they also have issues with Milan and Inter?

-LT-

Utente bannato
I guess the rivalry between North and South Italy is very strong even in football? I know Napoli absolutely hate Juventus, but I guess they also have issues with Milan and Inter?
I'm from Napoli, I tell you it's their problem :ghigno:
Napoli hate juventus, first, then feel a rivarly with AC Milan and Inter, but Milan and Inter fans don't care about this.

To be honest, in past 50 years many people from the south went to north to find work , so many of them now in Milano continues to support Napoli or other south teams like Palermo, Bari and juventus :sizi

piotor

Capitano
Moderatore
Hi :D, although I must say I'm not anywhere near Finland ;)

Speaking of which.... in the city of Milan are there more Inter or Milan fans? Does anyone know?

I remember Inter having expensive players such as Ronaldo Fenómeno, Recoba, Killy Gonzalez, Crespo, etc.

Haha lots of non-Italians are surprised when they find out Berlusconi owns(or owned?) AC Milan. I don't want to bring politics into this since that never goes well but let's say that man is kinda seen as a joke in the rest of Europe. Some even called him "the European Trump".

I haven't personally met many Italians, but I can't help but notice that many Southerner Italians tend to support Juventus. I guess it's not a coincidence, after all.

I remember Fiorentina's scandal more or less. Their president ran away with the money or something? Lazio and Milan also were involved in Calciopoli and Milan also got relegated one time in the 80s due to some sort of scandal.

Have Inter or Roma ever been caught in a scandal? Italian football seems to historically have several scandals.
It's a good split. Inter and Milan have both been around successfully since the 60s. There have been ups and downs for both side, but no team ever really "disappeared". Milan went to serie B a couple of times, but then they came back with Berlusconi, gaining a lot of fans.

Berlusconi "used" Milan as a way to get popularity. He invested his (not very clean) money and challenged juventus' dominance of the italian market. Together with his control of the media in the 80s and 90s he used the club as a mean to show his ability as a businessman, which translated into political consensus.

Fiorentina, Lazio and Parma were owned by businessman that did not have the money they were spending, to summarize :) they accumulated debts and debts and at a certain point it all collapsed.

The biggest scandals of italian football were Calciopoli (Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina primarily, with Milan on the side) and the betting scandal(s) in the 80s where Milan was relegated.

Inter historically doesn't mingle with that (see our upper class upbringing :p), but we have had some issues due to a (very large) scandals of fake passports. Some agents were faking italian ancestries for south American Players and our team believed them, so we ended up signing players that were not legally allowed to sign. But it wasn't a particularly big one.

Angelus

Redazione Interfans.org
Moderatore

So you're not too ken on your captain Icardi, I see...

Thanks for answering every single question of mine. :giusto

Oh Eiskönig means "ice king" in German... I just thought it'd be a cool username since I was undecided on picking one. I'm not German, however. I just happen to like the language a lot. ;)

EDIT: Angelus, thanks for your replies as well. Why the hatred for Sassuolo? Something personal between Inter and them?

And tbh, I used to think AC Milan had more fans than Inter. You see, outside of Italy many people tend to view AC Milan as the biggest Italian club instead of Juventus due to them being 7 times European champions.
Yes,the last summer Inter tried to buy a Sassuolo's right forward(Berardi)but that funny president wanted to sell him to juventus,against his will(Berardi supports Inter and wanted Inter).
All this although there was no deal between Sassuolo and juventus,just a promise.

Eiskönig

Pulcino
A club I remember well from the 90s is Parma. They had pretty strong squads with Verón, Cannavaro, Baggio,Buffon,Stanic, etc. My brother used to put Parmalat milk in his breakfast cereal. Lazio also had a pretty strong squad at the turn of the century.

I'm a bit too young to remember the best years of Serie A(1985 to 1995?) since I was only born in 1990 but Milan and Inter certainly look like former shadows of themselves nowadays. Heard Milan are making interesting signings for the upcoming season, however. Not sure if true or not.

So are Juventus unanimously considered to be the most hated club in Italy? Which one comes second? AC Milan? I mean, Berlusconi owning it must have gotten AC Milan some haters, no?

Another thing I find curious in Italy are state owned stadiums, and rival teams sharing stadiums. That would neevr fly here :cod

-LT-

Utente bannato
A club I remember well from the 90s is Parma. They had pretty strong squads with Verón, Cannavaro, Baggio,Buffon,Stanic, etc. My brother used to put Parmalat milk in his breakfast cereal. Lazio also had a pretty strong squad at the turn of the century.

I'm a bit too young to remember the best years of Serie A(1985 to 1995?) since I was only born in 1990 but Milan and Inter certainly look like former shadows of themselves nowadays. Heard Milan are making interesting signings for the upcoming season, however. Not sure if true or not.

So are Juventus unanimously considered to be the most hated club in Italy? Which one comes second? AC Milan? I mean, Berlusconi owning it must have gotten AC Milan some haters, no?

Another thing I find curious in Italy are state owned stadiums, and rival teams sharing stadiums. That would neevr fly here :cod
Speaking about juventus stadium, Piero Fassino (ex-Major of Turin) sold the field of the stadium for a very low price :sizi
It's a political problem about stadiums :sizi

piotor

Capitano
Moderatore

Parma was owned by Tanzi through Parmalat:

In 1961, Calisto Tanzi, a 22-year-old college dropout, opened a small pasteurisation plant in Parma. Two decades later, the company had grown into a multinational corporation diversifying into milk, dairy, beverage, bakery, and other product lines in the 1980s, becoming listed on the Milan stock exchange in 1990, and expanding further in the 1990s. Parmalat collapsed in 2003 with a 14bn euro ($20bn; £13bn) hole in its accounts in what remains Europe's biggest bankruptcy.[2]

Lazio was owned by Cragnotti, through Cirio.

One of the most high-profile and wealthy business figures in Italy in recent times, Cragnotti is best known for having been President of S.S. Lazio.[1] However, his most influential position was as head of food conglomerate Cirio.[2][3] This company included all Cirio food brands as well as those of the acquired Del Monte Foods International from the late 1990s. In 1992 Cragnotti bought football team S.S. Lazio from previous owner Calleri. In December 1993, the Ontario Securities Commission fined him for insider trading.[citation needed] The Cragnotti family owned 80% of the Cirio group which in turn owned a 51% stake in the Roman club. In 2002, the Cirio company declared default on its bonds. The default cost about 1.125 million euros to a plethora of small investors, most of them Italian.

Fiorentina was owned by Cecchi Gori .

He owned the football club A.C. Fiorentina from 1993 to 2002, as well as the private television channel La7. On 3 June 2008, he was arrested in Rome for bankruptcy and on 25 July 2011 again.

Juventus have a huge amount of hatred. Up to the 90s it was mainly football based, since they were owned by the richest family in Italy (the one that owns Fiat) and they were destroying the national market, by buying all the best national players. Other teams were lucky to challenge them 1-2 years if they had 3/4 lucky players (Maradona, Falcao, Riva, Totti/Batistutia, Mancini/Vialli etc.)

However in the 90s things changed. Juventus hired some nasty managers who built a mafia-like network of power. This started being more than just being the "richest and most powerful clubs" (like REal/Bayern/Manu) and the hatred become stronger.

On the other hand Milan didn't do that at all. Berlusconi minded his own business and focused more on Europe (especially in the later years), without causing any problems on a national level.

Stadiums were good until the 80s. We spent a lot of money poorly for the world cup, renovating old stadiums instead of building new ones. Also, since we are geniuses at always making compromises, we the new stadiums that were built (Turin, Bari) were built with a track for athletics, so we could use money from the Olympic committee. However, the stadiums were too big for those kind of events and in minor cities, so they ended up being poorly designed and not able to serve their purposes.

The case of San Siro is long and complicated. But because Inter and Milan have been succesful from the 60s, both teams requried a large stadium and it made sense to share. No other city in Europe has had 2 top teams in Europe since that time.

Alto