Questions for Inter fans

piotor

Pallone d'oro
  Moderatore
So what do you guys think will take for Serie A to be a top 2 league again? It seems Calciopoli has really hurt the league on a long run, but Juventus seem to be on top again despite having been relegated due to Calciopoli. Perhaps building a new stadium helped them out? Also, doesn't Roma also want to build a new stadium?

it will take that the chinese owners of Inter and Milan "consolidate", making the Serie A a league where 3/4 teams (Juventus, Inter, Milan and Roma or Napoli) can fight every year for the #1 spot. It will take ~4/5 years, as soon as Inter and Milan get a spot in CL and start skyrocketing their revenue.

Juventus is owned by a very competitive and business oriented family. They "know" how to run the business (also in teh less legal ways ;) ) and it didn't take them long to reorganize the company to start winning again, taking advantage of their huge fan base (more income). The stadium is a minor aspect in this.

Roma is building a new stadium indeed, but their bigger limit is the modest fan base, which heavily limits their revenue.

Geenja

Esordiente
So what do you guys think will take for Serie A to be a top 2 league again? It seems Calciopoli has really hurt the league on a long run, but Juventus seem to be on top again despite having been relegated due to Calciopoli. Perhaps building a new stadium helped them out? Also, doesn't Roma also want to build a new stadium? .

Of course building a stadium could be a huge benefit for the team, exponentially growing your revenues in the long run.

The main problem here is that at the end what really matters in this sport are the players that go out on the pitch and make the team win.
And we probably have the most incompetent Sportive Director of all time (Piero Ausilio) who since the Champions League win had the job to renew the team and he bought the worst players available on the market.

Hi King of the ice..greetings from your neighbouring country of Suomi :)

Second/Third behind juventus. It's a close race with Milan.

Inter is successful in Lombardia and in the north-west. Juventus has more success around the country though.
Hi :D, although I must say I'm not anywhere near Finland ;)

Speaking of which.... in the city of Milan are there more Inter or Milan fans? Does anyone know?

in the 90s we were owned by Moratti, the son of the historical greatest president of Inter. He was rich (oil business) and desperate in a passionate way to bring ITaly to the top. However, he was very unstable and unable to stick to a decision. He'd buy the best players, but change 10/15 players every summer (for real), also firing coaches (2/3 per year!). Put that together with the well known scandals of juvnetus, and you understand that winning for us was complicated.

In the 90s italian clubs were owned by businessmen looking for popularity (berlusconi) or by people who had to recycle black money somehow. The success of Italian football was based on richness of individuals that were later taken over by scandals (Napoli,Fiorentina, Lazio, Parma, Roma). After their collapse (~2000), Serie A lost all its "base" and became worse and worse every year. Now things are getting better because these "middle teams" are coming back and they are solid, making the italian league more interesting.

I remember Inter having expensive players such as Ronaldo Fenómeno, Recoba, Killy Gonzalez, Crespo, etc.

Haha lots of non-Italians are surprised when they find out Berlusconi owns(or owned?) AC Milan. I don't want to bring politics into this since that never goes well but let's say that man is kinda seen as a joke in the rest of Europe. Some even called him "the European Trump".

Juventus has supporters all around italy, but mainly from the "uneducated" South, so we make fun of them for being a tad stupid :D

Milan instead comes from the working class and since they were taken over by Berlusconi, they got overwhelmed by lies in the media, making them boast their egos. So they're a bit gullible let' say.

Inter fans instead historically (in Milan) come from the upper class and they're kinda snobbis, always complaining.
I haven't personally met many Italians, but I can't help but notice that many Southerner Italians tend to support Juventus. I guess it's not a coincidence, after all.

I remember Fiorentina's scandal more or less. Their president ran away with the money or something? Lazio and Milan also were involved in Calciopoli and Milan also got relegated one time in the 80s due to some sort of scandal.

Have Inter or Roma ever been caught in a scandal? Italian football seems to historically have several scandals.

I guess the rivalry between North and South Italy is very strong even in football? I know Napoli absolutely hate Juventus, but I guess they also have issues with Milan and Inter?

-LT-

Turnover
  Bannato
I guess the rivalry between North and South Italy is very strong even in football? I know Napoli absolutely hate Juventus, but I guess they also have issues with Milan and Inter?

I'm from Napoli, I tell you it's their problem :ghigno:
Napoli hate juventus, first, then feel a rivarly with AC Milan and Inter, but Milan and Inter fans don't care about this.

To be honest, in past 50 years many people from the south went to north to find work , so many of them now in Milano continues to support Napoli or other south teams like Palermo, Bari and juventus :sizi

piotor

Pallone d'oro
  Moderatore
Hi :D, although I must say I'm not anywhere near Finland ;)

Speaking of which.... in the city of Milan are there more Inter or Milan fans? Does anyone know?

I remember Inter having expensive players such as Ronaldo Fenómeno, Recoba, Killy Gonzalez, Crespo, etc.

Haha lots of non-Italians are surprised when they find out Berlusconi owns(or owned?) AC Milan. I don't want to bring politics into this since that never goes well but let's say that man is kinda seen as a joke in the rest of Europe. Some even called him "the European Trump".

I haven't personally met many Italians, but I can't help but notice that many Southerner Italians tend to support Juventus. I guess it's not a coincidence, after all.

I remember Fiorentina's scandal more or less. Their president ran away with the money or something? Lazio and Milan also were involved in Calciopoli and Milan also got relegated one time in the 80s due to some sort of scandal.

Have Inter or Roma ever been caught in a scandal? Italian football seems to historically have several scandals.

It's a good split. Inter and Milan have both been around successfully since the 60s. There have been ups and downs for both side, but no team ever really "disappeared". Milan went to serie B a couple of times, but then they came back with Berlusconi, gaining a lot of fans.

Berlusconi "used" Milan as a way to get popularity. He invested his (not very clean) money and challenged juventus' dominance of the italian market. Together with his control of the media in the 80s and 90s he used the club as a mean to show his ability as a businessman, which translated into political consensus.

Fiorentina, Lazio and Parma were owned by businessman that did not have the money they were spending, to summarize :) they accumulated debts and debts and at a certain point it all collapsed.

The biggest scandals of italian football were Calciopoli (Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina primarily, with Milan on the side) and the betting scandal(s) in the 80s where Milan was relegated.

Inter historically doesn't mingle with that (see our upper class upbringing :p), but we have had some issues due to a (very large) scandals of fake passports. Some agents were faking italian ancestries for south American Players and our team believed them, so we ended up signing players that were not legally allowed to sign. But it wasn't a particularly big one.

Alto