Questions for Inter fans

What do you guys think of João Mário?

And do you still regret getting Quaresma several years ago?

Needless to say, I bet you guys like Figo and especially Mourinho a lot...

piotor

Pallone d'oro
  Moderatore

JM is a very intelligent and highly technical player. However, his natural role (winger) does not fit well with the tactics of our team. We're hoping that with a new coach and (finally!) some clear ideas on how to run the club, he will play a central role in the team and show us his talent.

No we don't. That year Mourinho insisted to have wingers and we bought Quaresma and Amantino Mancini. Both turned out to be extremely inconsistent. Great talent, but not for top level leagues.

Figo was a gentleman who joined us late in his career and still managed to show us amazing things.

Mourinho is a legend, of course. In Inter he found the best possible club to implement his "victim" strategy since Inter historically has always been a minor political power behind Juventus/Milan and has no influence on the media, while Juventus is supported by a Turin newspaper and Milan is backed by Berlusconi's TVs. The result was that Mourinho ended up being the best expression of what Inter represents: a passionate outsider who needs to fight for respect, while others do not have problems to use cheap tricks behind the back to get what they want. The same strategy completely failed in Madrid and also backfired at Chelsea (chelsea is a powerhouse now, not a newcomer like in 2005!). Inter and Mourinho were a perfect match for those two years, but like all great love stories, it was not meant to last. We went "all in" economically for that season and we're still paying the consequences now.

J. Mario is a promising midfielder who didn't really have an easy championship due to the managerial chaos we had this season, however I think he's a good player and I believe he can do well

Quaresma was a flop, not exactly the best player around, but to be honest in recent years we have spent more money on players who have done much worse than him... like Kondogbia in my opinion. Still, Quaresma was able to do well elsewhere, now at Besiktas he's won a second league medal, so can't say things went bad for him...

And yes - Figo and Mourinho were obviously amazing, and I still support Mourinho to this day

I think João Mário is not a bad player, but he is struggling to justify the amount of money that was paid for him; unfortunately this is something that gets a lot of attention in Italy, particularly at Inter where we are attacked by the media constantly. Nevertheless, I am hoping for a much improved second season for him, and in a more stable environment.

I think João Mário is not a bad player, but he is struggling to justify the amount of money that was paid for him; unfortunately this is something that gets a lot of attention in Italy, particularly at Inter where we are attacked by the media constantly. Nevertheless, I am hoping for a much improved second season for him, and in a more stable environment.

I agree, under Spalletti I think he will do much better.

Does Inter have any special relationship with any other clubs? Benfica are friends with Torino due to the Superga tragedy(we were their very last opponents). Real Madrid also share an historical friendship with us and Santiago Bernebéu in particular was a big friend of ours and would call our club occasionally asking if we needed any help, not to mention Eusébio was friends with Di Stéfano. Eusébio also was godo friends with Bobby Charlton, hence why Man Utd and Real Madrid paid homage Eusébio after he perished. Another club we had some historical affinity with were Hearts from Scotland. Our first ever European Cup opponent, I believe. Barcelona also seem to have respect for us.

And there's also a friendship between the ultra groups of Benfica and Hajduk Split, but that's another story. I don't think both clubs have any sort of relationship on an institutional level.

Alto