Wesley Sneijder

Wesley Sneijder

What do you guys think of the fact we might sell Wesley?

Also who do you think would be a suitable replacement?

I think if we are so broke we just have to sell the best attacking midfielder in the world then we mustn't sell him for less than 50 million.

I am still wondering and confused do we really have to sell him? :all

What do you guys think of the fact we might sell Wesley?

Also who do you think would be a suitable replacement?

I think if we are so broke we just have to sell the best attacking midfielder in the world then we mustn't sell him for less than 50 million.

I am still wondering and confused do we really have to sell him? :all

Well... think a about it for a minute:
Imagine Wes playing another season like he did last year. Very disappointing and way under his possibilities, nothing compared to 2010 when he was essential for us. If we don't sell him now, his market value will be less than those 40+ mn Euro he has right now. Next year, we will have a player of 28 years, and it will be even more difficult to get the same money we would get right now.

I would consider selling Wes if the following conditions are met:
1. We sell him on our terms and conditions. Definitely more than 40 mn Euro for me.
2. We reinvest the money in at least 2 good quality players in midfield, possibly one near top player and a very good young prospect.
3. We are able to offset his departure by buying another global top player, be it Tevez or whoever.

hmm,you do have a point there.

I agree the price should be well above 40,anything less than 50 I find it ridiculous.

Tevez would be a great addition to the squad,we need a player like him.However,we're gonna have to sell Pandev to make way for him.

Well... think a about it for a minute:
Imagine Wes playing another season like he did last year. Very disappointing and way under his possibilities, nothing compared to 2010 when he was essential for us. If we don't sell him now, his market value will be less than those 40+ mn Euro he has right now. Next year, we will have a player of 28 years, and it will be even more difficult to get the same money we would get right now.

I would consider selling Wes if the following conditions are met:
1. We sell him on our terms and conditions. Definitely more than 40 mn Euro for me.
2. We reinvest the money in at least 2 good quality players in midfield, possibly one near top player and a very good young prospect.
3. We are able to offset his departure by buying another global top player, be it Tevez or whoever

I think that these two conditions can't be met together,as they are in contradiction: if we sell Sneijder,we can either buy another midfielder (but not a better one than him,since Fabregas costs more than 45 mln and Schweinsteiger is not saleable,and in any case he's worse than Wes)or buy Tevez: the result would be a weakened midfield in both cases,and the midfield is the sector which needs more to be rejuvenated and enforced.
In my opinion, we won't be able to compete with Manchester,Barcelona,Chelsea and Real Madrid the next year,and if we sell Sneijder also Milan will comfortably win the league; the only way is to keep WS and acquire one or two good midifielders,or hope that Alvarez,Castaignos and Obi reveal to be champions (and I think it won't happen,not this year at least)

I agree to the fact that is more than likely to not be able to sell Sneijder in the next years for the amount expected to collect now.

If we are to sell him, we should try and find a replacemente, and judge the profit from the selling of Sneijder only for the difference from the amount paid for Wesley.

I don't many players who could be bought for less than 36 million and to have the current or the future value to replace Sneijder. For the moment my only candidates for replacing Wesley Sneijder are :

1. Eden Hazard - Estimated acquisition price - around 20-30 millions. But i think PSG wil buy him.
2. Stevan Jovetić - Estimated acquisition price - around 15-20 millions. I liked this player a lot in the past and i hope he cand comeback at his former level

I also think that the position in which Sneijder plays is a very dificult one, because you need a great vision of the game, and there VERY FEW players in the world with that skill.

Reason for which i disagree to selling Sneijder.

And don't shoot me, i would rather sell Eto for more money

for the simpler reason that

you can more easily find attackers than central attacking midfielders./

sempione

Fuoriclasse
  Supporter
I agree to the fact that is more than likely to not be able to sell Sneijder in the next years for the amount expected to collect now.

If we are to sell him, we should try and find a replacemente, and judge the profit from the selling of Sneijder only for the difference from the amount paid for Wesley.

I don't many players who could be bought for less than 36 million and to have the current or the future value to replace Sneijder. For the moment my only candidates for replacing Wesley Sneijder are :

1. Eden Hazard - Estimated acquisition price - around 20-30 millions. But i think PSG wil buy him.
2. Stevan Jovetić - Estimated acquisition price - around 15-20 millions. I liked this player a lot in the past and i hope he cand comeback at his former level

I also think that the position in which Sneijder plays is a very dificult one, because you need a great vision of the game, and there VERY FEW players in the world with that skill.

Reason for which i disagree to selling Sneijder.

And don't shoot me, i would rather sell Eto for more money

for the simpler reason that

you can more easily find attackers than central attacking midfielders./

:giusto Eto'o is beautiful..but We need central attacking midfielders (like WEASLEY)...

Alto