Champions League Draw

Champions League Draw

We are in group B along with Lille,CSKA Moscow and since I can't spell their name I will just call them Trab.

Not a bad group.In fact we have got one of the easiest groups.As long as we sign some proper players now+the coach goes back to 4312 or 4231 we should do fine.

Our first game will be on September 14th vs Trab.

Napoli got a very very tough group,I don't see them qualifying from the group stage,very unfortunate for them.

AC bbilan are in group H along with Barcelona :ghigno:. They will face each other on September 13th at Camp Nou:)stor) should be an entertaining match but unfortunately both will qualify easily from the group stage as the other 2 teams should be very easy for them both.I was rather hoping for Manchester city to be in their group but never mind.

What do you guys think of the draw?

and more importantly do you guys believe we will have an easy time qualifying from the group stages?

I think it's a good draw

We avoided Man Shitty and Dortmund, tough teams, so we have our opportunity to make a good group stage

We also have a good start as we'll play at home, against Trabzonspor

Bbilan got a very easy group, better than ours I'd say, because they'll qualify as 2nd club and, most of all, they will not have to face Barcelona on the next round

I'm optimistic only about chances to advance to the second round, not about finishing first.

When did we finish first in the group stage last time? 07/08 before we were eliminated by Liverpool?
That should be only once in 5 years?

Now with a new coach, formation and lots of young players it will be much harder.

I'm quite satisfied.
The danger was Man City in pot 3, because they're better than a typical pot 3 team.

CSKA is imo the weakest from pot 2 and we've often won in Russia. I wanted them, we've got them.
Lille could be tough, they're the champions of France. Fortunately (for us), they lost Gervinho and Hazard. If play at our best, it's at least 4 points.
Trabzonspor wasn't the worst team from pot 4, but they're still a pot 4 team... I hope our players don't blow it and gain 6 points.

I expect to finish first. Unfortunately, you never know... We also managed once to finish second in a group with Panathinaikos, Bremen and Famagusta :facepalm:

darwinism

Vice capitano
We shouldn't think like the qualification is already achieved. There are tougher groups, but it ain't easy anywhere in Champions League (beside against Juventus :ghigno:). If we play without any trace of hype, I think we should do it to the top of the group. The main danger is Lille, but anyway we're Inter.

p.s. I've never seen 4 victory in a row for us, at the group stages.

Alto